Trip Style: Road Trip (Self Drive)
Duration: 9 nights / 10 days
Route: Delhi – Jaipur – Bikaner – Khimsar – Jodhpur – Pushkar – Delhi
- Amer Fort, Jaigarh fort, City Palace, Hawa Mahal (Jaipur)
- Junagarh Fort, Gajner palace & wildlife Sancturay, Camel safari(Bikaner)
- Khimsar Fort & Dunes, Nagaur Fort (Khimsar)
- Mehrangarh Fort, Kaylana Lake (Jodhpur)
- Pushkar Lake, Brahma Temple, Pushkar Bazaar.
- Elephant Rides (Amer Fort, Jaipur)
- Folk Dance & Music
- Camel & Jeep Safari (Bikaner, Khimsar, Jodhpur & Pushkar)
- Nature Walks (Gajner Palace,Jodhpur)
- Zip Lines (Mehrangarh Fort Jodhpur)
- Bazaars & Souvenirs
- Pushkar Camel Fair (November)
- Accommodations: All hotels and camp stays
- Meals: Breakfast only
- Self Drive Vehicle
- Doorstep vehicle pickup and drop off in Delhi NCR
- Useful Road Maps
- Towing Strap
- Air Pump
- Wireless Radio Sets (For 2 or more cars)
- First Aid Kit
- Camping Chairs
- Currently applicable taxes and service charges
- Meals not included in Hotel reservations.
- Fuel, Toll and interstate taxes (for self drive car hire)
- International Driving License (Mandatory for Foreign Nationals)
- Alcoholic Drinks
- Insurance, tips, Personal phone calls
- Airfare/train fare
- Credit Card Authorisation/Refundable Security Deposit for Self Drive Vehicle
- Travel Insurance.
- Entry fees (Any kind)
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances like ill health, Vehicle Breakdown, landslide,
roadblocks, bad weather etc.
- Any charges for carrying video camera, still camera etc
Delhi – Jaipur(270 km/5 hrs)
Rise and Shine as you start driving on NH-8 to avoid the bustling traffic and reach Jaipur well in time to check in and have lunch at the hotel. Get ready to paint the city pink- literally! Today the local guide will take you on a mini tour covering the City Palace, Hawa Mahal, Jantar Mantar and the city bazaars.
Evening will be spent in the company of Ethnic Folk Dancers and Musicians.
Rise early to catch an Elephant Ride to the Amer Fort with plenty of time to explore this grand monument that formed the residence of the Rajput Maharajas. Take a break for lunch and then visit the Magnificent Jaigarh/Victory fort built for the protection of the city of Amber and its palace complex. After finishing the day’s explorations retreat to the hotel to recuperate. Evening is chalked with a visit to the famous Chowki Dhani to catch a glimpse of the vibrant Rajasthan culture.
Jaipur – Bikaner (340 km/6 hrs)
Rise with the sun and get going for a drive as all the vibrant colors of Rajasthan come alive enroute. You are staying at the Gajner Palace which is a jewel in the Thar desert built by the Maharaja on the edge of the lake. Loose yourself at the sprawling 6000 acres former hunting grounds of the British Raj as you explore a world of nature walks, boat rides, sanctuary dinners and desert safaris. Check in by lunch, take a small city tour and visit the bustling local bazaars aided by the local guide.
Dinner will be at the resort.
Today you visit and explore the Junagarh Fort and its temples and museums to get an insight of the grandiose lifestyle of the past Maharajas of Rajasthan. Post lunch we take a camel safari into the Thar Desert and dinner will be a Royal affair at the Gajner Palace.
Bikaner – Khimsar (154 km/3hrs)
Drive through stark and virgin desert landscapes and arrive at the Khimsar Fort & Dunes where you experience royal Rajput hospitality, personally overseen by the family, on a grand and elegant scale. Arrive by lunchtime, take a mini city tour and visit the local bazaars during the day. Dinner will be at the Fort.
After a royal breakfast you are ready for some exploring at the Nagaur Fort that is a sprawling Heritage site and take a jeep safari into the sand dunes later in the evening.
Khimsar – Jodhpur (100 km/2 hrs)
Drive to the Blue city of Jodhpur, named so after the vivid blue painted houses around the Mehrangarh Fort. Check in at the hotel and post lunch the local guide takes you for a city tour and refreshes those historical memoirs. Dinner will be at the hotel.
Today we visit the Mighty Mehrangarh Fort, the muscular fort that towers over the blue city and is an architectural spectacle of the marvelous Rajput era. Go zip lining at the Jodhpur flying fox or visit the old city markets if you plan on souvenir shopping for friends back home. Dinner will be at the hotel.
Jodhpur – Pushkar (200 km/4 hrs)
Drive to the city of Pushkar that curls around a holy lake, and pay homage at the only Brahma temple in the world. Take a dip in the famed waters of the Pushkar Lake, which is said to wash away the sins of a lifetime. Stay Overnight at the hotel.
Pushkar – Delhi (400 km/8 hrs)
Our Rendezvous with Rajasthan comes to an end as we start the long drive back to Delhi and say “Khambaghani“ or Greetings one last time.