Trip Style: Road Trip (Self Drive)
Duration: 6 nights / 7 days
Route: Jaipur – Bikaner – Jaisalmer
- City Palace, Amer Fort, Hawa Mahal, Jaigarh Fort (Jaipur)
- Gajner Palace , Thar Desert, Junagarh Fort(Bikaner)
- Jaisalmer Fort, Sand dunes, Gadisar Lake(Jaisalmer)
- Elephant Rides (Amer Fort, Jaipur)
- Camel & Jeep Safari (Bikaner & Jaisalmer)
- Nature Walks (Gajner Palace, Bikaner)
- Folk Dance & Music
- Souvenir Shopping
- Accommodations: All hotels and camp stays
- Meals: Breakfast only
- Self Drive Vehicle
- Doorstep vehicle pickup and dropoff in Delhi NCR
- Useful Road Maps
- Towing Strap
- Air Pump
- Wireless Radio Sets (For 2 or more cars)
- First Aid Kit
- Camping Chairs
- Currently applicable taxes and service charges
- Meals not included in Hotel reservations.
- Fuel, Toll and interstate taxes (for self drive car hire)
- International Driving License (Mandatory for Foreign Nationals)
- Alcoholic Drinks
- Insurance, tips, Personal phone calls
- Airfare/train fare
- Credit Card Authorization/Refundable Security Deposit for Self Drive Vehicle
- Travel Insurance.
- Entry fees (Any kind)
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances like ill health, Vehicle Breakdown, landslide,
roadblocks, bad weather etc.
- Any charges for carrying video camera, still camera etc
Fly to Jaipur
Reach Jaipur by flight and start exploring the city with a local guide. You will visit the City Palace, Hawa
Mahal, Jantar Mantar and the bustling bazaars of Jaipur. After Lunch, rest at hotel as evening revelry will
be in the hands of Ethnic musicians & dancers.
Rise early to catch an Elephant Ride to the Amer Fort with plenty of time to explore this grand monument that formed the residence of the Rajput Maharajas. Take a break for lunch and then visit the Magnificent Jaigarh/Victory fort built for the protection of the city of Amber and its palace complex. After finishing the day’s adventures you retreat to the hotel to recuperate. Evening is chalked with a visit to the famous Chowki Dhani to catch a glimpse into the vibrant Rajasthan culture.
Jaipur – Bikaner (340 km/6 hrs)
Rise with the sun and get going for a drive as all the vibrant colors of Rajasthan come alive enroute .You are staying at the Gajner Palace which is a jewel in the Thar desert built by the Maharaja on the edge of the lake. Loose yourself at the sprawling 6000 acres former hunting grounds of the British Raj as you explore a world of nature walks, boat rides, sanctuary dinners and desert safaris.
Check in by lunch, take a small city tour and visit the bustling local bazaars aided by the local guide.
Dinner will be at the resort.
Today you visit and explore the Junagarh Fort and its temples and museums to get an insight of the grandiose lifestyle of the past Maharajas of Rajasthan. Post lunch we take a camel safari into the Thar desert and dinner will be a Royal affair at the Gajner Palace.
Bikaner – Jaiselmer (330 km/5 hrs)
Start driving through the desert landscapes set against the colorful costumes of the locals and arrive at Jaiselmer by Lunchtime for check in at the hotel. Known as the Golden City of India because of the yellow sandstone used in the city’s architecture and yellow sand giving it a goldenish glow. Post lunch take a city tour with a local guide. Dinner at the Hotel.
Start your day with a visit to the Jaisalmer Fort, a unique monument that is home to an approx. 3000 people residing within its walls. Post Lunch take a safari in the sand dunes in a jeep or on the back of a camel. Dinner will be at the hotel.
Make a royal exit and bid adieu to this majestic land of Kings and Palaces with a promise to come again as you leave this incredible place but you know that you will forever hold it in your hearts.