Click here to zoom map.
Date: 30th June 2018 – 8th July 2018
Duration: 8 Nights / 9 Days
Route: Delhi – Narkanda – Sangla – Tabo- Kaza – Rohtang Pass – Manali
Cost: INR 85,000 (per person sharing twin room)
- All Hotel stays on twin sharing basis
- All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- Route Planning and Research.
- Activities to make the experience truly memorable.
- Local guidance and support from experts.
- All inner line permits for restricted areas.
- Limited stock of chocolates, snacks, water and soft beverages for every vehicle.
- Back up team with a crew vehicle equipped with GPS, oxygen cylinders, emergency food supplies and first – aid kits.
- Road books, maps and wireless radio sets for every vehicle.
- Your own international or domestic passenger flights.
- Meals and drinks not mentioned.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Insurance and documentation costs such as travel insurance
- Vehicle servicing, repairs, traffic fines or parking penalties.
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances like ill- health, vehicle breakdown or repairs, damage accruing from land blocks, bad weather etc.
- Additional accommodation charges due to unforeseen delays in the journey.
- Any Medical expenses incurred during the trip
- Any charges for carrying video camera or still camera.
- Any hotel, subsistence or other costs incurred prior to the official start date of an expedition and after the official end date of the expedition.
- 25% of the Tour cost will be charged if the tour cancelled anytime after confirmation till 30 days prior to start date.
- 50% of the tour cost will be charged as cancellation if tour is cancelled in less than 29-15 days prior to start date.
- 100% of the tour cost will be charged as cancellation if trip is cancelled in less than 14 days prior to start date.
The Itinerary for Lahaul and Spiti Road Trip has been designed for gradual acclimatization and to include the best hotel options available on this route.
Day 01: 30th June’18
Delhi – Narkanda (450 kms/ 09 hours)
Stay amidst apple orchards in Narkanda. Enjoy stories and history of the place over a bonfire and buffet dinner. We leave Delhi at dawn so we arrive in time to watch the sun set in Narkanda. Enjoy a gala dinner and get to know your fellow travellers.
Day 02: 1st July’18
Narkanda – Sarahan – Sangla (150 kms/ 05 hours)
Enjoy an early morning orchard walk followed by breakfast in Narkanda. After that we’ll drive to Sarahan, a pretty hamlet in Kinnaur Valley. After a nice picnic en-route, we’ll continue our drive onward to Sangla . Reach in time for evening tea to enjoy the crisp twilight zone.
Day 03: 2nd July’18
Explore the Sangla/ Chitkul/ Raksham region
Enjoy the beauty and adventure of Sangla Valley to the full on this day. We drive to Chitkul, a pretty village on the ancient Hindustan – Tibet route. Those interested can hike 5 km to the armed forces border post overlooking China, while others enjoy a picnic.
Sangla is known for its day hikes. Those looking for soft adventure can join the Raksham walk that takes you along rivers, through meadows and forests and over glaciers. And for the hardier lot, there is the challenging meadows walk that will have you seek a masseuse at the end of the day.
Also visit the pretty villages around, and enjoy sitting along the Baspa river.
Day 04: 3rd July’18
Sangla – Nako – Tabo (190 km/Full Day)
This will be a day of driving fun. We start pre- dawn to catch the early morning serenity of Kalpa, the only place in India where pine nuts (chilkozas) grow. And you cannot but feel over- awed with the Kinner Kailash peak looking upon you.
We then go to the small but picturesque Nako Lake – we also lunch along the banks of the lake. We then proceed to Tabo reaching in the evening for a much deserved rest.
Day 05: 4th July’18
Tabo – Kaza via Dhankar Monastery (70 km/02 hour)
Check out Tabo with its awesome mud monastery dating back to 996 A.D., the oldest in the country. Look up to the mountain faces, and you will find caves where people still live in. Our next stop will be at Dhankar Monastery, strategically built at the highest location in Spiti Valley (3894 mt). The statue of the Meditating Buddha forms the center of the monastery. We continue on to Kaza at an altitude of 12000 feet.
Day 06: 5th July’18
Exploring Kaza– Visit Pin Valley National Park, High altitude villages of Langza, Hikkim and Komic
The villages around Kaza are believed to be the highest in the world, mostly caught in their own time warp. The drives to these villages are stunning to say the least. We also drop in at the Key Monastery, perched on a cliff looking down at the spectacular valleys below.
Day 07: 6th July’18
Kaza – Manali (205 km/ 08 hours)
We leave at dawn for Manali for yet another day of memorable driving via Rohtang Pass. We will drive along and over rivers, cross glaciers, and bump along undulating tracks. It may be dusk when we reach Manali – where we celebrate the journey over champagne.
Day 08: 7th July’18
Free Day in Manali
Still sleeping? No problem. You deserve it! Call it a “Duvet Day”, “Sightseeing Day”, “Shopping Day”or anything else, it’s certainly not a driving day. Today ditch your cars and get your fill of Manali’s Mall Road, after which you can enjoy cafe hopping in Old Manali. If you are feeling energetic, you can even visit the beautiful Jogni waterfalls. In the evening, enjoy a farewell dinner with the group and reflect on fond memories of the tour.”
Day 09: 8th July’18 7
Manali – Delhi (570 km/ 13 hours)
Time to head back to Delhi – or your chosen destination. We part ways with a promise to meet again!