Duration: 12 nights 13 days
Start Destination: Imphal
Final Destination: Imphal
- Kale – Driving across 46 Iron bridges built at the time of World War 2
- Bagan – A temple city that is home to 4456 pagodas dating back to more than 1500 years
- Inle Lake – A beautiful fresh water lake
- Mandalay – A city of palaces & monasteries
- Route Planning and Research
- Special overland permission to drive Indian Registered Vehicle in Myanmar
- Security deposit for temporary import of the vehicle in Myanmar
- Royalty Fee to Ministry of Tourism
- Liaison Officer from Ministry of Tourism
- Government Tax and Service Charge
- Guests Assistance through immigration and custom clearance at Tamu-Moreh border both on arrival and departure
- Temporary driving licence
- Third party insurance
- Local guidance and support from experts
- Road books, maps and wireless radio sets for every vehicle
- Accommodations (twin shared )
- Meals (breakfast / lunch / dinner& tea breaks )
- Entrance & Toll fees in Myanmar
- Currently applicable taxes and service charge
- Your own international or domestic passenger flights
- Meals and drinks not mentioned
- Alcoholic beverages
- Vehicle, Fuel or any fuel additives
- Insurance, tips, personal phone calls
- Insurance and documentation costs such as travel insurance, visa applications etc
- Vehicle servicing, repairs, toll taxes in India, traffic lines
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances like ill-health, vehicle breakdown or repairs, damage accruing from land blocks, bad weather etc
- Additional accommodation charges due to unforeseen delays in the journey
- Any charges for carrying video camera or still camera
- Any hotel, subsistence or other costs incurred prior to the official start date of an expedition and after the official end date of the expedition
Reach and spend the night in the beautiful city of Imphal.
Imphal – Kaley (Drive 120 kms to reach Moreh – Tamu border to enter Myanmar Total Distance – 250 Kms)
The journey begins. Start early in the morning towards the India-Myanmar border. It will take a few hours to reach the Moreh border where our team from Myanmar will be waiting to help you clear the border formalities. Once you cross the border and enter Myanmar, you will straightway be given a taste of Myanmar. Literally! Have lunch in a local Burmese restaurant before heading towards Kaley, your first stop in Myanmar. It has been a long day. Check in the hotel, have dinner and relax. Overnight in Kaley.
Kaley – Mandalay (370 Kms)
After an early breakfast, start driving from Kaley towards Mandalay. Negotiate the dusty roads, river crossings, hilly terrain and just when you feel that you have had a fair share of adventure the Burmese way, stop for a tea break in the small town of Gangaw. After a well deserved break, continue towards Pale’, have our lunch which is served in a unique Burmese style and continue driving towards Mandalay. Check in at the hotel. Overnight in Mandalay.
The second largest city and the last royal capital of Myanmar, Mandalay is also the religious hub of the country. Half of Myanmar’s monks reside in and around Mandalay. For Indians, Mandalay is also a special place as Shri Bal Gangadhar Tilak was imprisoned to solitary confinement in Mandalay Jail from 1907 to 1913. There is lot to do and see in Mandalay. Souvenir shops, silk weaving units, the incredibly beautiful Golden Palace and Golden Monastery, the Worlds Largest Book and so much more.
Try the local food on the streets, look around the city and after spending the entire day wearing your tourist hats, head back to your hotel in the evening. Enjoy a lovely Thai dinner in the hotel and later, feast your eyes at the beautiful night scene of the Irrawaddy River. Overnight at Mandalay.
Mandalay – Inle Lake (270 Kms)
You’ve had enough rest and you have enough sightseeing, well, for a while atleast! Time to wake up, get ready, eat an early breakfast and hit the road! You are going to drive to the small, serene world of Inle Lake. You could mistake it for the Venice of Myanmar! The drive to Inle will be mild and smooth. You will reach Inle by evening and have dinner in your hotel. Try a local Burmese beer, you will be surprised how good it is!Overnight in Inle.
Time to dawn those tourists hats again! Today you are going to experience Inle Lake, a place that is unique, that has no match anywhere else in the whole world. This fresh water lake is a world on its own. Shops, restaurants, food and craft markets, tobacco units, silk weaving, Pagodas and of course the fishermen who have their own signature style of fishing where they use their feet to control the fishing nets! You are going to see it all today. Lunch at a gorgeous floating restaurant when you are able to find some time out from looking around! Back to the hotel in the evening. Overnight at Inle.
Inle – Yangon (700 kms via Naypyitaw using 16 lane highway)
Get ready to hit the gas as you drive on the 16 lane Yangon Mandalay expressway to Nay Pyi Daw, the new capital city of Myanmar. A new city where you will find everything from 5 star hotels, concert halls, restaurants, swanky buildings. The only thing you will not find is people! The city is only 50% occupied! After lunch, continue driving towards Yangon or as we still love to call it, Rangoon! Overnight in Yangon.
After breakfast, the first stop has to be the Great Shwe Dagon Pagoda. Spend a few hours in awe at the sight of this magnificient Pagoda and then head to the White Elephant Zoo. Tired? Hungry? Go for lunch to a famous Indian Restaurant. After lunch, visit the Bogyoke Market for shopping. By evening, get back to the hotel and relax for a while before you enjoy a lovely dinner and cultural show. Overnight at Yangon.
Yangon – Bagan (620 Kms)
Time to head back. Startyour journey towards Bagan right after an early breakfast. Stop at Pyay for lunch and then take a short break at Magway. ReachBagan by evening, check in at the hotel and relax. Overnight at Bagan.
You have no clue what you are going to witness today. Bagan, the jewel of Myanmar, a small town home to 4446 Pagodas. No matter where you look, all you will see is ancient, magnificient temples all around you. It is like a sea of temples, pagodas and you just have to be there to feel the calm, the peace, the vibrations of this holy land. Lunch will be in a beautiful setting at a river view restaurant. Later in the evening, relax and watch a puppet show before dinner and retire for the night.
Bagan – Kaley (375 kms via Monywa)
Journey back home begins. After breakfast, start driving back towards Kaley stopping for lunch on the way at a local restaurant. Reach Kaley and check in at the hotel and relax. Overnight at Kaley.
Kale – Imphal (250 Kms)
Motherland is calling! Beginyour drive back to India, reach the border, complete the formalities and drive back to Imphal.On this last evening, reflect on the last 10 days, look at the pictures and have a great evening. Overnight in Imphal.
Fly back with memories for life !
Cars available for drive to Myanmar
Toyota Fortuner 4WD