Duration: 06 nights – 07 days
Start Destination: Ahmedabad
Final Destination: Ahmedabad
Tour Highlights: Little Rann, Mandvi, Kala Dunger, White Rann, Nakhtrana, Koteshwar
- Drive through stretches of barren landscapes
- Look for the endangered Asiatic Wild Ass
- Visit boat building yards
- Drive to the highest point of Kutch and catch a glimpse of Pakistan
- Camp stays
- Drive to Koteshwar, the western most tip of India
You can engage in the following activities:
- Camel Ride
These can be done during day trips to Rann. Winter is the best time for a safari.
- Shopping at traditional handicrafts shops
The embroidered garments with mirror-work and the camel wool shawls are extremely famous; as is the chunky silver jewellery and carved woodcraft.
- Attend the Rann Utsav
It is a cultural extravaganza that takes place at various locations within Kutch.
- Accommodation: All Hotels & camp stays (06 Nights twin sharing)
- Meals: As per Hotel reservations
- Useful Road Maps
- Self Drive Car or Chauffeur Driven Car (if required)
- First aid kit
- Towing strap and air pump
- Toilet Tent
- Wireless Radio Sets
- Jerry Can
- First Aid Kit
- Fuel, Toll and interstate taxes (for chauffeur driven car hire)
- Currently applicable taxes and service charges
- Meals not included in Hotel reservations
- Fuel, Toll and interstate taxes (for self drive car hire)
- Alcoholic Drinks
- Insurance, tips, Personal phone calls
- Airfare/train fare
- Refundable security deposit
- Travel Insurance
- Entry fees (Any kind)
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances like ill health, Vehicle Breakdown, landslide, road blocks, bad weather, snow fall etc
- Any charges for carrying video camera, still camera etc
Arrive at Ahmedabad. Drive to Dasada (95 kms/2 hrs)
The experience starts in the barren landscape of Little Rann of Kutch. The region is a vast, featureless plain encrusted with salt that is accessible only for a few months every year. We will go on a safari across the Little Rann and look for the endangered Asiatic Wild Ass that is not found anywhere else in the world. In the evening, relax by the pool at the resort and gear up for the long drive the following day. Overnight at Dasada.
Dasada – Mandvi(325 kms/5hrs-30min)
After breakfast, get ready to cross the vast plains of Little Rann. The first 80km drive will take us through the vast, barren, still and completely dry terrain of Kutch. The unending flats and the deafening silence of Little Rann cannot be described. It can only be experienced. Don’t be surprised if you get disoriented in this seemingly infinite piece of land. Once we have driven past Little Rann, we will drive down towards Mandvi. A small shipping manufacturing town, Mandvi boasts of crystal blue waters, a palace and a private beach. Spend the night in a luxury camp right on the beach!
Get up at leisure and after a lazy breakfast on the beach, visit the lavish Mandvi Palace spread in 450 acres. Once you find your way back to the car, drive to the Mandvi town. Visit the boat building yards and pick up souvenirs in the handicraft villages near the town. Sit on the beach and sip a cool drink. In the evening, enjoy dinner by the waters and spend the night once again at the luxury camps.
Mandvi – White Rann(140 kms/3hrs)
Drive to the highest point of Kutch – Kala Dunger populary known as Black Hill. Very close to the border with Pakistan, this is the only point from where a panaromic view of the Great Rann of Kutch is possible. From here, drive to the White Rann – a vast salt marsh which sparkles on a Full Moon night. The beauty of this landscape is unmatched and can leave you spell bound as you see the earth below your feet sparkling under the moonlight.
White Rann – Nakhtrana (96 kms/2 hrs)
After a good night’s sleep close to the salt marsh, don’t be surprised if you wake up with a salty taste in your mouth! Enough roughing out? Lets head towards Nakhtrana and spend a couple of days in the lap of luxury. Enjoy a cultural folk dance before you call it a day.
Get up at leisure and after breakfast, drive to Koteshwar – the western most tip of India. Not only is Koteshwar a milestone in itself, it is also home to Narayan Sarovar Sanctuary – one of the most popular wildlife sanctuaries in Gujarat. Spend a few hours in the company of the endangered Chinkaras before heading back to Nakhtrana.
Travel back for your connecting flight to Ahmadabad or Bhuj. If you have your own vehicle, you can choose to explore further or start driving back towards your hometown!
- Self Drive Car Hire
- Chauffeur Driven car Hire
Cars available for drive to Rann of Kutch
- Toyota Fortuner 4WD
- Toyota Innova