Click here to zoom map.
Distance Covered: 16,000 Km
Date: 14th April 2019 – 2nd June 2019
Duration: 49 Nights / 50 Days
Terrains: Mountains, Deserts, Forests, Highways, City Driving
Countries: India, Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, China, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Russia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Czech Republic, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, France, United Kingdom
Time Zones: 8
Cost: INR 22 Lakh Per Person
- All Hotel stays on twin sharing basis
- All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- Route Planning and Research.
- Activities to make the experience truly memorable.
- Local guidance and support from experts.
- All inner line permits for restricted areas.
- Limited stock of chocolates, snacks, water and soft beverages for every vehicle.
- All Permits & permissions according to the norms & regulations applicable in all countries en route.
- All Visas and Visa Fees
- Carnet de Passage for your vehicle
- Border crossing assistance
- Lead vehicle in local countries wherever mandatory
- All local permits, government permits, Ministry approvals, custom and immigration clearance
- Adventures Overland merchandise.
- Back up team with a crew vehicle equipped with GPS, oxygen cylinders, emergency food supplies and first – aid kits.
- Road books, maps and wireless radio sets for every vehicle.
- Your own international or domestic passenger flights.
- Meals and drinks not mentioned.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Insurance and documentation costs such as travel insurance
- Vehicle servicing, repairs, traffic fines or parking penalties.
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances like ill- health, vehicle breakdown or repairs, damage accruing from land blocks, bad weather etc.
- Additional accommodation charges due to unforeseen delays in the journey.
- Any Medical expenses incurred during the trip
- Any charges for carrying video camera or still camera.
- Any hotel, subsistence or other costs incurred prior to the official start date of an expedition and after the official end date of the expedition.
- Vehicle shipment from UK to India
- Return ticket from UK to India
- 10% of the tour cost will be charged if the tour cancelled any time after confirmation till 31st August 2018
- 25% of the tour cost will be charged as a cancellation if the tour is cancelled in between 01st September – 30th November 2018
- 50% of the tour cost will be charged as a cancellation if the tour is cancelled in between 01st December 2017 – 31st January 2019
- 100% of the tour cost will be charged as a cancellation if the tour is cancelled post 01st February 2019
India, Myanmar, Thailand, Laos
Sit behind the wheel of your car, join the convoy and flag off on the greatest journey of your life! Start driving towards the Tamu-Moreh border and enter Myanmar, the 2nd country on our epic journey. Drive through 46 World War II Iron Bridges, dusty terrains and gravel roads as you enter Myanmar. After spending 4 nights in Myanmar and exploring the temples and pagodas, driving on futuristic Mandalay Yangon Expressway, enjoying authentic cuisine, get back on the road towards the Myawaddy-Maesot border to reach Thailand. After driving through beautiful regions of Thailand, drive east towards Laos, the fourth country on our expedition. Four country in one week… and that’s just the start.
Nǐhǎo! Time to familiarize yourself with a little Chinese as your 17 days escapade in China sets off. Our longest stay during the journey is going to be in China, the 5th country on Road to London. Drive through off- beaten tracks in China. Discover villages & towns that may not be found on maps! Feel like Columbus on this road to re-discovering all that you thought you knew of this great empire. Witness beautiful landscapes, mountain ranges, lakes, and monasteries. You will be driving from Mengla – Jinghong – Kunming – Xichang – Chengdu – Ruoergai – Xining, covering over 2600 km in China itself within a week.
Brace yourself for some change in temperature and maybe some snowfall too. This week, visit Jiayu Pass, which is not only the western starting point of the Ming Great Wall, but also a vital pass on the ancient Silk Road. Along this prominent route, you will reach Mogao Caves, also known as the Thousand Buddha Grottoes, in China’s Gansu province which is home to a startling collection of Buddhist artworks dating back more than 1,000 years. Continue driving westwards through the rugged mountains, gorgeous landscapes and remote terrains of China. Cherish every minute of your time in China, you are one of those rare travelers who is taking the road less travelled through a region of China not explored by many.
Exit the border of China and enter Kyrgyzstan in Central Asia along the Silk Road, the ancient trade route between China and the Mediterranean. Within a week’s time, you will be passing through three different countries. Expect snow, high altitudes, basic facilities and almost no civilization for hours and hours. The rawness of the hospitality and kindness will be beyond any words as you drive through the “stan” countries.
Trust us, this week will feel like as if you have gone through some time machine to experience how people used to live millions of years ago.
By now you will be a bit familiar with Central Asia and border crossings! But be prepared to get surprised once again as you cross the border and enter Kazakhstan, the ninth largest country in the world. Drive through long stretches of lonely deserts with terrains that are bare and eroded with sand dunes for miles on end.
You had horses for company in Kyrgyzstan and you will have camels for company in Kazakhstan! Prepare yourself for some tough & terrific driving between the stretches of Aralsk, Aktobe and Samara. And don’t forget to sip a bowl of Horse Milk and Camel Milk!
Next Stop, Russia. Reach the nation that has overwhelmed the imagination of the world for centuries with its traumatic & volatile history. Be careful while driving on the highways especially when you see the highway police who are always on the lookout for foreign vehicles to penalize them for some traffic violation or other! Drive through vast stretches of Russia and reach Moscow, the world famous capital city of Russia. In Moscow, be prepared to be awed as you find yourself standing at the Red Square and staring at the mind boggling architecture of St Basil’s Cathedral. Moscow will delight you with its huge parks, cycling tracks and heritage sites. As you visit the various heritage sites don’t be surprised if you run into beaming brides and grooms visiting to pay respects as per Russia’s unique tradition!
Week 06 – 07
Russia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Czech Republic, Germany, Netherlands, France, Belgium, UK
10 Countries in 14 Days, does a road trip get any better than this? In the last two weeks, you will literally have breakfast in one country, lunch in the second and dinner in the third! Brace yourself for a roller coaster ride in which you will be in the driving seat. After driving through the world’s largest country – Russia,cross the border in Latvia. You will enter the Schengen Area, which means that no more border crossings while driving through different countries. Drive on the smooth tarmacs of the legendary German Autobahns. Explore the quirky capital of Lithuania and take in the lights, strolling musicians, and old-world charm of Prague. Start your day with a hearty breakfast in Czech Republic, enjoy your lunch in Germany, evening tea in Netherlands and dinner in Belgium. Zip through France, treat yourself to scrumptious Waffles in Brussels and give yourself a pat on the back as you cross the English Channel and reach the city of dreams, London.
Is the above schedule fixed?
We like to stick to the designed schedule as much as possible. But, all participants must be prepared for changes in route due to uncertain weather conditions, road blockages and any other probabilities.
What kind of Vehicle will I need?
We recommend 4X4 Vehicles as some terrains may have gravel & dirt roads, high altitudes and steep climbing. Such a vehicle will withstand all terrains and give you a comfortable driving experience as well.
Can we go on Motorbikes?
Yes, you can! If you have a real passion for motorcycling, then you can join us for Ride to London 2019, the first ever biking expedition from India to London. For more details, please contact us.
Can we take our own car or will you arrange one for us?
You have both options available. All vehicles will need paperwork like Carnet de Passage, which is like a passport for your car. We will assist in procuring the same whether the vehicle is owned by you or rented from us.
Will vegetarian meals be an issue?
Most regions offer vegetarian food, though it may not be lavish. We will also be carrying some meal options with us in case of emergencies.
What about medical assistance in case of any emergency?
Our crew vehicle will be equipped with Oxygen Cylinder, first aid kid and basic medical supplies. You must carry any prescribed medications that you take with you in abundance, as those may not be readily available in these countries.
Will you help us procure all documents?
Yes, we will help you get all the relevant documents like Visa, Carnet de Passage, permits and permissions needed for driving across multiple borders. You will also be briefed about rules & regulations applicable in all the countries we will cross.
What all documents will be needed?
A detailed list will be mailed to you well in advance. We will assist you with each and every step with respect to procuring all the relevant documents both for you and the vehicle.
What driving experience do I need?
As long as you have an International Driving Permit and are comfortable with driving, you are welcome to join the team. No particular driving experience across borders or hilly terrains will hinder you, as we will be there throughout to help and guide you.
What is the average group size?
We would like to limit the group size to maximum 20 people
What about Vehicle breakdowns and other maintenance?
The crew vehicle will be always there to help you out.
Will fuel be readily available?
Although fuel will be available throughout, but we still recommend everyone to carry Jerry Cans for extra fuel in case of non-availability in remote terrains.
Click on the image below to download brochure: